Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award
The Excellence in Clinical Teaching Award recognizes an exceptional teacher who has demonstrated a
commitment to excellence in education and/or education innovation to advance the practice of
perioperative medicine. This award will recognize a member of the Society for Perioperative Research
and Care (SPRC) who has demonstrated a record as an outstanding teacher and who has a record of
contributing to education scholarship in the field of perioperative medicine.
Purpose of the Award:
The award is given to any health care professional who emphasizes and excels as a teacher through
demonstration of innovation and leadership in teaching. The award recognizes individuals who have
created a positive and respectful learning environment and their contributions have led to the professional
growth of students, trainees and junior staff.
The teacher of the year award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated sustained excellence in
teaching and who has a record of a scholarly approach to teaching and has contributed to education
scholarship. Nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated ability to engage learners.
2. Innovative and creative teaching methods.
3. Contributions to the development of teaching curricula, teaching methods, resources and
4. Providing effective and timely feedback to facilitate professional development.
5. Depth and breadth of knowledge and expertise in education.
6. Contribution to scholarship that has influenced and enhanced learning and teaching.
7. Evidence of mentorship.
8. Evidence of a sustained track record as an outstanding teacher to healthcare professionals.
9. Evidence of emerging scholarship in clinical teaching through peer-reviewed publications, invited
presentations, workshops and posters.
The Board of Directors of the Society for Perioperative Research and Care will establish the Selection
Committee on an annual basis.
Nominations may be made by any member of the Society for Perioperative Research and Care.
Nominators will provide a one or two page summary of the nominated candidate, identifying the
accomplishments and career achievements that meet the eligibility criteria and an up-to-date curriculum vitae.
The Society for Perioperative Research and Care and Medicine Selection Committee will review
nominations and may request additional information from selected nominators.
Nomination material should be forwarded to the SPRC Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for submissions: November 5, 2021 at noon.
The recipient of this award will receive a prize which will be presented as part of the Society for
Perioperative Research and Care Awards Presentations at Perioperative Care Congress,