At the end of the PCC Congress, you will be able to:
- Understand, recognize, and describe in cardiac surgery intra-operative benzodiazepine use on perioperative delirium, radial artery vs saphenous vein grafts, use of ECG as a diagnostic criterion for perioperative MI and oral anticoagulation after LAE occlusion.
- Discuss, define, and communicate risks of thrombosis and bleeding in abdominal and gynecological surgery.
- Recognize, understand, and execute the use of small volume blood collection tubes and tranexamic acid to reduce perioperative bleeding.
- Synthesize, explain, and communicate the diagnosis, treatment and outcomes of perioperative atrial fibrillation and myocardial injury.
- Appraise, describe, and apply the use of biomarkers to assess perioperative vascular risk.
- Identify, assess, and implement interventions to reduce perioperative infection in orthopedic and gastrointestinal surgeries.
- Identify the association between perioperative bleeding and outcomes.
- Describe perioperative bleeding and thrombosis risks and review and discuss investigative and management strategies that balances these competing factors.
- Review, describe, discuss, and evaluate preoperative rehabilitation (pre-habilitation) and smoking cessation.
- Recognize and understand the timing of preoperative hemodialysis and postoperative outcomes.
- Identify, communicate, appraise, and implement evidence from late breaking trials into clinical practice.
- Compare and contrast and apply evidence on preoptimization value, setting up a virtual post-discharge program and anticoagulation for transient postoperative atrial fibrillation through debates, campfire chats and panel discussions.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact: Hoda Sayegh, event coordinator by email at; [email protected].
We are looking forward to seeing you all in Montreal !